Tips for Moister Meatballs
Are your meatballs just so so tasting? Here are some ways you can enhance their flavor and tips for cooking them.
1) use ground chuck in combination with ground pork in a ratio of 1 to 1 for best flavor. Using sirloin will result in drier tasting meatballs.
2) use fresh bread crumbs not flavored and dried ones from a box. Moisten them with milk or water and let them stand until they absorb all the liquid.
3) beat the eggs separately before adding them to your meat mixture so it combines better.
4) adding a small amount of cottage or ricotta cheese also makes a meatball with a tender texture
5) Form meatballs using your hands first dipped in water to prevent the meat mixture from sticking to your hands
6) If you prefer to bake instead of fry them, chill the meatballs for at least an hour before baking. They will hold their shape better.
7) If you are adding garlic and onion to your meat mixture, mince it together first with a little salt, then add to the meat and combine well.
8) For frying, use a light olive oil and just use a light film of oil in the pan; do not deep fry or they will be heavy tasting.