New Year's Resolutions
Forget resolutions. They're so last year!
Instead of kicking off ‘09 armed with a list of things to do that you've forgotten one week into the new year(like losing weight, getting more exercise, and putting out that last cigarette), I like to make a list of really attainable and reliable things I can do.
Here is my perennial list:
1) Always have a candle on the dinner table. It calms the craziness of the day, allows for more conversation, and is just pretty to look at!
2) Say "I love you" as often as you can to those who are dear to you.
3) Surprise someone with a plate of homemade cookies, just because.
4) Do one little thing for someone everyday. A simple phone call to distant relative, or dare I say, opening the door for someone at a store is always a welcome surprise.
5) Give more to charity.
6) Read a bedtime story to your children every night, even if it is only a couple pages long.
7) Meditate for 5 minutes every day. You’ll feel like you‘ve lost a ton of weight.
8) Floss every day. You’ll never need dentures!
9) Just be thankful.
10) Accentuate the positive.
Happy New Year!