Farro and Dried Fig Salad
- 1 cup farro
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice wine
- 4 dried figs, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh minced mint
- 4 tbsp arugula, chopped
- To Taste salt and pepper
- Shavings of parmigiana reggiano cheese
- Place farro in saucepan and cover with 2-1/2 cups cold water; bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain farro and place in salad bowl; stir in the olive oil, vinegar, figs, mint, arugula and salt and pepper; combine well. Correct seasoning if necessary.
- Allow to marinate covered for 30 minutes.
- To serve, toss again and top with cheese.
No comments on this recipe.