Anchovy Stuffed Peppers/Peperoncini Ripieni con le Acciughe
- 12 anchovies in salt
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 12 small red round hot cherry peppers
- Small bunch parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Open up and remove the bones from the anchovies.
- Pour the vinegar into a small bowl and “rinse” the anchovies in the vinegar and set aside.
- Use gloves and remove the stem tops of the peppers and the seeds. Set aside.
- Mince the parsley and garlic together and transfer to a small bowl; add enough olive oil to make a paste.
- Stuff an anchovy into the cavity of each pepper and top with a little of the parsley mixture. Arrange on a platter and serve.
- The peppers can also be stuffed into a clean jar and covered with olive oil and stored in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature to serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2418.
No comments on this recipe.