Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Carnaroli or Arborio rice
- 4 artichokes, leaves discarded, hearts only, chopped
- 5 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy duty pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until wilted. Stir in the rice and cook until rice crackles but is not brown. Stir in artichoke hearts and cook 1 minute. Lower heat to medium and begin adding ladlefuls of the stock and allow the rice to absorb each addition before adding another. Add enough broth to finish the risotto to the al dente stage.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest. Mix well. Stir in the cheese and serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2404.
No comments on this recipe.