Arugula Salad with Pears and Asiago / L'Insalata Rucola e Pera
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 cups washed arugula leaves, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced or diced*
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in small bits
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic orwhite cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Toast the walnuts in a small non-stick pan until fragrant; cool and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the arugula leaves, pears and cheese; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey and salt; whisk ingredients to create an emulsion; pour over salad and toss to combine. Serve with nuts sprinkled over the top.
- *Putting the prepared pear pieces in a bowl and coating them with lemon juice will keep the fruit from turning brown upon exposure to air.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2923.