Basil Infused Grilled Fruit Salad
This lovely to look at and even better to eat grilled fruit salad is just right as the finale to a summer supper. What is unique about it is the infusion of fresh basil syrup.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 limes or lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp warm honey
- 3 large red or purple plums cut in half and pit removed
- 3 nectarines cut in half and pit removed
- 3 apricots cut in half and pit removed
- Combine the water and sugar and salt in a small saucepan and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear and syrupy looking, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat, add 8 basil leaves and allow them to steep for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid and set aside. Discard the basil leaves.
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the fruit halves, cut side down directly on the grill and brush with the lime mixture Allow the fruit to cook until a few char marks appear.
- Transfer the fruit to a cutting board and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Combine the slices in a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the syrup.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to individual fruit cups. Pour some of the syrup into each cup and garnish with a basil leave.
No comments on this recipe.