Bok Choy with Speck Alto Adige and Asiago Cheese
East meets west in this Italianized version of bok choy with crispy Speck Alto Adige and Asiago cheese.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for pan)
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- 4 whole baby bok choy, rinsed, dried and each cut in half, lengthwise
- Salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 pound Speck Alto Adige diced
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan large enough to hold the bok choy in a single layer (or use two smaller pans).
- Add the speck and cook until it is crispy; remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- If the pan seems dry, add a little more olive oil. Add the garlic to the pan and allow it to soften; add the bok choy halves cut side down. Cook gently over medium heat until a knife is easily inserted into the core of the bok choy. Turn them over and season them with salt and pepper. Divide and sprinkle the cheese over the tops; cover and allow the cheese to melt.
- Sprinkle the speck over the cheese. Serve two per serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2801.