Bowtie Pasta with Mushroom Sauce
This rich tasting mushroom sauce is just the thing for what we call bowtie pasta, farfalle in Italian, which means butterfly.
Velvety smooth sauce clings beautifully into all the crevices.
- 1/4 tbs ¼ pound pancetta, diced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb mixed mushroom, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup Half/Half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 2 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbs minced parsley
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and add the pancetta and allow it to cook until it begins to brown; stir in the shallot and cook until wilted over medium low heat.
- Add garlic and cook a couple of minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until they soften and begin to exude their juice. Add wine, raise heat to medium and cook a couple of minutes.
- Combine cream and Half/Half in a bowl and stir into pan coating everything well and cooking for about 3 minutes. Stir in the cheese and allow to melt.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and cook over medium low heat until everything is well blended. Stir in thyme, parsley, and salt & pepper.
This recipe was featured on Season 10 - Episode 1011.
No comments on this recipe.