Bowties with Feta Cheese Sauce
Feta cheese marinated in herbs and spices makes a perfect seasoned sauce for short cuts of pasta like bowties. Feta, a Greek cheese, is made from sheep’s milk or a mixture of sheep and goat’s milk. A compact, soft cheese with no rind, it is formed into blocks making it easy to cut into small pieces or crumble. And yes, Italians do use feta cheese too!
- 6 oz marinated feta cheese
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 cup pitted olives (green, black, or a combination)
- 1/4 tsp hot red chili flakes
- salt to taste
- black pepper grinding
- 8 oz bowtie pasta
- Drain the cheese, reserving the marinate and cut the cheese into small cubes and place them in a medium size bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives and chili pepper flakes; toss the ingredients gently and set aside.
- Cook the bowties in boiling water until al dente, drain and return them to the cooking pot.
- Over low heat, add the reserved marinade to the pot and toss the bowties well to coat them. Add the tomato and cheese mixture and toss gently. Season with salt to taste and a grinding of pepper. Serve hot.
No comments on this recipe.