Buratta with Roasted Asparagus
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- coarse sea salt
- 2 balls burrata cut into thick slices
- 2 medium beef steak tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and cut into ¼ inch dice
- juice one lemon
- 1 small bunch sorrel leaves only chiffonade
- Toss the asparagus with two tablespoons of the oil and place them in single rows on a non stick baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.Roast at 350F until just tender when pierced with a knife. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil and the lemon juice. Season with salt.
- Arrange the asparagus in a spoke-like fashion in the center of a large round platter.
- Overlap the burrata slices in the center of the platter and surround the slices with the tomatoes.
- Top the burrata with the sorrel leaves and drizzle the top with the remaining olive oil.
- Serves 4
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2420.
Great recipe. Guests loved it, twice.
I saw this recipe on Create TV this morning, ran to a store to buy burratta, and made it for dinner. It was delicious.