Cantaloupe with Ricotta and Banana
In Sicily, fresh sheep’s milk ricotta cheese is often served with a citrus marmalade for dessert. I have taken my inspiration from that classic dessert. The recipe can easily be doubled for a buffet.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, cut in half and seeded
- 2 cups skim-milk ricotta cheese, preferably fresh, well drained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Cut a small slice off the bottom of each cantaloupe half to prevent from tilting. Place them on a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, sugar, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the bananas and orange juice. With a spoon, pack the mixture into the cavities of the cantaloupe halves, mounding slightly. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
- To serve, cut the cantaloupe into wedges with a sharp knife, place the wedges on a serving tray, and decorate each one with a mint sprig.
This recipe was featured on Season 4 - Episode 406.
Love your shows I watch them whenever i am able to get them on TV.