Carrot, Potato and Tomato Salad with Salted Ricotta Cheese / Insalata di Carrote, Patate e Pomodori
- 2 pounds baby carrots, trimmed
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced mint
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 3 Red skin potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup ricotta salata, cubed
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves on their stems
- Cook the carrots whole in a saute pan covered with water just until a knife is easily inserted, drain refresh under cold water and cool. Slice the carrots lengthwise in half.
- Place them in a glass rectangular baking dish in a single layer.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, mint , salt and pepper together and pour over the carrots. Cover and allow to marinate at room temperature for several hours.
- Combine the potatoes and remaining olive oil in a bowl.
- Combine the tomatoes with the sugar in a small bowl.
- When ready to assemble the salad, use a round platter with a rim. Line the perimeter of the platter with the carrot slices. Fill in the center overlapping and alternating the potatoes with the tomatoes,
- Pour the marinade from the carrots over the salad. Sprinkle the cheese over the salad and place the basil bunch in the center.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1618.
No comments on this recipe.