Cauliflower Crust Pizza / Pizza al Cavolfiore
Serves 4 to 8
- 6 cups grated cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 or 4 thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced or shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread cauliflower out onto a non-stick baking sheet and toast for about 20 minutes; cool. Place in bowl. Add eggs, cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix well. Mixture should be very dry.
- With your hands, spread into12 to14 inch diameter on a large piece of parchment paper. Place on round pizza pan or use a peel to place the pizza on a preheated oven stone if you have one.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Top with tomatoes and cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer. Just before removing from oven, top with basil. Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2905.