Cauliflower Salad with Tuna and Chickpeas
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs sweet pickle juice
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 3 cups cauliflower florets in small pieces
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, well rinsed and drained well
- 1 six ounce can Italian tuna fillets, coarsely flaked
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and cut into small pieces
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, pickle juice, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano. Add the onion and set aside.
- Steam the cauliflower florets for about 4 minutes or just until a small knife can easily pierce them.
- Transfer florets to bowl with dressing. Add the chickpeas, tuna with its oil, and toss to combine
- Add the tomatoes and toss again.
- Cover and allow to marinated for several hours at room temperature before serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 30 - Episode 3002.
No comments on this recipe.