Serves 4 to 6
- 1 head cauliflower
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or pepper paste
- Grinding black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated or shredded Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush a non-stick baking pan with olive oil and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, the spices and herbs and mix well.
- Cut the cauliflower into 4 to 6 approximately 3/4-inch thick round steaks.
- Place the steaks on the baking sheet and brush the tops of each with the olive oil and herb mixture.
- Bake until knife tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. 5 minutes before removing from the oven, top each steak with the cheese and allow it to melt.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2824.
Vegetarian daughter loved it and I did too. Substituted Italian seasoning and celery seed for the celery salt. Used fresh oregano from the garden. Thanks Mary Ann!