Cheese Rind Soup / Zuppa di Crosta di Formaggio
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Tsp Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 8 cups hot water
- 2 chicken boullion cubes
- 1 3xinch piece parmigiano-reggiano cheese rindor more if you have it.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- In soup pot, heat the butter and olive oil until hot. Add the onion, celery, parsley, and rosemary and cook over low heat until the vegetables soften. Add the zucchini and cook for 2-5 minutes. Add the water, boullion cubes and cheese rind and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the rice, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook until the rice is al dente, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cheese rind from the pot and, with a small knife, scrape off any remaining cheese. Add it to the soup and discard the rind.
This recipe was featured on Cheese Rind Soup / Zuppa di Crosta di Formaggio - Episode 701.