Chef Jay Curcio's Herb and Parmigiano Reggiano Risotto
Jay Curcio of the White Apron in Dover, NH shared this recipe with us.
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 8 ounces Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 bunch chives, chopped
- 1/4 bunch oregano, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Sweat the onion until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until melted.
- Add the rice and toast until golden.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook until the wine evaporates.
- Slowly add the chicken stock in 3/4 cup increments, stirring until the stock is absorbed by the rice.
- Cook until the rice is cooked through, but not soft or mushy. Add the butter, lemon juice and cheese and mix well. Fold in the fresh herbs last and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2816.