Chef R.J. Ryan's Chocolate Buddino
Our thanks to Chef Ryan Joyce for this wonderful recipe.
SERVES 9 TO 10
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (May not need all of it.)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 extra large egg yolks
- 6 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Squirt of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt to taste in each glass
- Whipped cream to top
- Bring water to boil.
- Combine milk and cream in a pot and warm.
- In another pot, place sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder; add the vanilla and mix well off the heat. Add three quarters of the boiling water; whisk together to form thick paste. If it’s too thick, add a bit more water. Whisk in yolks, one ata time. Add milk/cream mixture in 3 separate additions, stirring after each addition.
- Put the pan over medium heat and whisk mixture until thickened to the consistency of mayonnaise. Remove from heat and whisk in chopped chocolate.
- Pour into glass jars; cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, sprinkle sea salt over the top of the pudding. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.Garnish with a mint sprig.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2823.
No comments on this recipe.