Cherry Tomato Fennel Salad
Crunchy fennel with a slight licorice taste goes perfectly with sweet summer cherry tomatoes and is so easy to put together.
Make it about an hour before serving to let the flavors mingle and develop those tasty juices that beg for a piece of bread to mop them up.
- Serves 4
- 4 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Toss the tomatoes and fennel together in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad ingredients together until smooth; pour over the salad and combine well.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature at least 1 hour before serving.
- Toss again and add fresh basil.
No comments on this recipe.