Chicken with Lemon and Herbs / Pollo con Limone ed Erbe Aromatiche
In a rush and don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing a meal? Chicken with lemon and herbs is perfetto!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove , peeled
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- Coarse salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Juice oflarge lemons, plus zest
- Dry the chicken pieces with paper towels and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, rosemary, and sage. Cook until the garlic is soft and the herbs are wilted. Remove and discard the garlic and herbs.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and brown them slowly on all sides. Sprinkle the pieces with coarse salt and pepper and pour the juice and zest over them. Cover the pan and simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with the pan juices.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2917.
am watching this show & the recipe sounded great so came here to get it. don’t know who transcribed this recipe but they sure go it incorrect! chicken pieces are salted & peppered on one side at a time. the herbs are NOT cooked with the garlic, nor are they discarded with it! the lemon juice is poured around the chicken, not on it! the chicken is simmered on LOW, not med-low!
do you screw your written recipes up This much? if i hadn’t seen the show, i would have gotten this soo wrong!
Doesn’t surprise me… I run into problems like this all the time, with these kids they hire (who get paid to type this stuff up). Nobody checks anything… and honestly, they don’t really care.
I make this recipe all the time! I add little potatoes to it after I brown the chicken, then cook it all together in the oven. My whole family loves it!!
Seen recipe on ur tv show going to try it seems easy delicious/ healthy