Chicken with Lemon and Herbs / Pollo con Limone ed Erbe Aromatiche
In a rush and don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing a meal? Chicken with lemon and herbs is perfetto!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove , peeled
- 2 large sprigs rosemary
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- Coarse salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Juice oflarge lemons, plus zest
- Dry the chicken pieces with paper towels and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, rosemary, and sage. Cook until the garlic is soft and the herbs are wilted. Remove and discard the garlic and herbs.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and brown them slowly on all sides. Sprinkle the pieces with coarse salt and pepper and pour the juice and zest over them. Cover the pan and simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with the pan juices.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2917.