Chicken with Speck Alto Adige / Pollo allo Speck
- 6 skinless chicken legs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons each marjoram, parsley and rosemary mixed together
- 12 thin slices Speck Alto Adige
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2/3 to 1 cup white wine
- 1 Juicelemon
- 1/2 cup sliced Cerignola olives
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season the legs with salt and pepper and the herbs; wrap each leg in two slices of Speck, slightly overlapping them. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a stovetop to oven skillet or cast-iron pan and brown the legs with the onion. Add the wine and allow it to cook off. Add lemon juice and scatter olives in bottom of pan.
- Place the pan in oven and cook 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 165°F in thickest part of leg. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2917.