Chickpeas with Fettucine / Ceci con la Tria
SERVES 4 TO 6
This dish is a specialty of Lecce.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas or 1 sixteen ounce can, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Grinding coarse black pepper
- 2 cups King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- If using dried chickpeas, soak them overnight in salted water; drain and rinse well.
- Place chickpeas, olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper in a heavy pot or cast iron pan. Cover and simmer without stirring for 30 minutes.
- Mix the flour and enough water to make a dough. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes. Roll the rested dough into thin sheets and cut it for fettucine and allow the strips to dry. When ready to cook, set aside a handful. Cook the balance until al dente.
- Meanwhile oil another frying pan and fry the handful of fettucine, after cutting it into small pieces. When browned and crispy, mix in the chickpea mixture and the cooked pasta. Give it a grinding of black pepper, mix well and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1609.
No comments on this recipe.