Chief Justice Frank J. William's Quick and Tasty Chicken Vegetable Soup
Poaching the chicken helps make this soup easy to make
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 medium carrots, cut ininch slices
- 2 celery ribs, cut intoinch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Bring water and broth to a simmer in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan. Add chicken and simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cover, then let stand until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Reserve poaching liquid, uncovered.
- While chicken is poaching, cook onion in oil in a 4 quart heavy pot, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, celery, salt, and pepper and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add poaching liquid and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While vegetables are cooking, shred chicken into 1/4-inch strips. When vegetables are done simmering, stir chicken into soup along with the parsley.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1703.
No comments on this recipe.