Another twist on the classic tiramisu – lady fingers dipped in espresso, then layered with cooked cranberries, mascarpone cheese, and cream. Make these in individual goblets or wine glasses for a really festive presentation. Be prepared to share this recipe!
- 1 bag fresh cranberries,toounces (Save a dozen for garnish if you like.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 24 ladyfingers (use quick search in recipe box: "Lady Fingers" for how to make)
- 1/4 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 1/4 pound good quality bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- Place the cranberries in a medium saucepan and add the 3/4 cup sugar and the cider. Cook over medium high heat until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring constantly; lower the heat and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and refrigerate
- Beat the mascarpone with the 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff; fold the cream into the mascarpone and refrigerate.
- Pour the espresso into a shallow bowl and dip each ladyfinger quickly into the espresso; do not let them get mushy by over dipping them. Scoop some of the mascarpone mixture into each goblet; layer a ladyfinger or two in the goblet, then spoon on some of the cranberry sauce; continue making layers of mascarpone, lady fingers and cranberry sauce. End with mascarpone. Place three cranberries in the center of each goblet and sprinkle some shaved chocolate over each goblet. Refrigerate at least several hours or overnight before serving.
- Note: Depending on the type and shape of goblet you use, you may not use all the lady fingers.