Cream of Carrot and Potato Soup
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and grated
- Pinch cinnamon
- Zest of one large lemon
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 2 thick slices of whole wheat bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Bring the broth to a boil in a 2 quart sauce pan with the bay leaf and add the carrots and potatoes and cook until soft, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard. Puree the soup until smooth then stir in the cinnamon. Keep the soup warm while you fry the crostini.
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan and add the bread cubes; fry gently until nicely browned and crunchy. Set aside.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls; sprinkle with the lemon zest and a few crostini on top. Serve hot or room temperature.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2415.
No comments on this recipe.