Creamed Leeks / Crema di Porri
- INGREDIENTS2 pounds leeks, trimmed and dark green leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely minced thyme
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Grinding white pepper
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for sprinkling on top
- DIRECTIONSCut the leeks in half lengthwise. Wash them well to remove any dirt and cut them into thin slices.
- Melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan, add the leeks and cook them very slowly until they soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute. Slowly pour in the broth and stir to keep the mixture smooth. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is soft and pureed-looking but not too thick, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the thyme, salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Serve the leeks in small bowls accompanied with slices of toasted bread.
This recipe was featured on Season 13 - Episode 1316.
No comments on this recipe.