Crespelle with Vegetables / Crespelle con Verdure e Formaggio
Serves 8 as a first course
- 1 recipe Homemade Pasta Doughhttps://www.ciaoitalia.com/seasons/season-26/episode-2620/master-pasta-dough
- 1 pound whole milk ricotta cheese, well drained
- 1 large egg, beaten with a fork
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup seeded and diced fresh plum tomatoes, drained of their juice
- 2 1/3 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Grated zest of one lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for serving
- 1 1/3 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Cut the rested pasta dough into 4 pieces. Work with one piece at a time, keeping the rest covered. Roll out the dough through a pasta machine to the thinnest setting. Cut each sheet into 5 X 4-inch rectangles, laying the pieces on floured cloths or wax paper, in single layers, as you make them. Reroll the dough scraps to make more rectangles.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the crepes a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove them with a strainer, drain, and plunge them into a large casserole dish filled with ice water to cool them. Pat them dry on a clean towel before filling them.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9 X 12-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, and Parmigiano Reggiano and mix well. Add all the remaining filling ingredients and combine well.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the filling over each crespella and roll up into a cylinder. Place them in a single layer, seam side down, in the buttered dish. Drizzle the melted butter over them and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until piping hot. If you wish, run them under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
- Serve immediately with additional melted butter on the side.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2907.
No comments on this recipe.