Cutlets Stuffed with Artichokes / Brauciuoline Ripiene con Carciofi
- 4 tosmall artichokes
- 8 thin slices prosciutto di Parma
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless veal cutlets, pound ed thin
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce*
- Water as needed
- Remove the outer leaves of the artichokes and cut the hearts into quarters. Mince the prosciutto with 2 tablespoons of the butter to make a paste. Spread the paste over the artichoke wedges.
- Season the cutlets with salt and pepper and place a couple of artichoke wedges on the cutlets and roll them up as for a jelly roll. Tie with kitchen string.
- Heat the remaining butter and the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the onion; when it is lightly browned add the cutlets and brown them well.
- Mix the tomato sauce with a little water to dilute it and pour over the cutlets.
- Simmer covered until tender (should not take very long).
- Remove the strings and serve the cutlets with some of the pan juices.
- *We like to use Tomato and Basil Sauce, but you may use the marinara of your choice.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2125.