Dried Figs in White Chocolate Sauce
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons light cream or milk
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 5 ounces white chocolate, cut into bits
- 12 dried figs, stemmed and quartered
- 8 walnut halves
- 10 toasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Colored sprinkles
- Zest of two oranges
- Pour milk into saucepan; add the mint and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow the mint to steep in the milk for 10 minutes. Remove leaves and return pan to low heat. Add chocolate and allow to melt completely.
- Place the figs in a bowl; add the walnuts, almonds, cinnamon and cloves.
- Make a puddle of the chocolate mixture on each of 4 rimmed dessert plates.
- Divide and mound the fig mixture on the chocolate sauce, Sprinkle each plate with colored sprinkles and the zest.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2308.