Duchessa Style Potatoes
These potato stars will turn any dish you serve into an elegant entree.
- 4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cooked and mashed by hand or put through a food mill
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Coarse salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes with the egg yolks, grated Parmigiano cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Using a piping bag with a large star tip, pipe the potatoes onto a parchment-paper-lined bake sheet. The bottom of each star should be about the size of a silver dollar and your wrist action should produce a shape resembling a fluted cone. When all the stars are made, sprinkle them with more grated Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake the potato stars in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. They should be lightly golden brown in color with the cheese melted into the potato. Keep warm and serve with any main course.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2904.
No comments on this recipe.