East Meets West Won Ton Tortelli
- 0 Iegg roll wrappers
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten with a fork
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, cooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh spinach or 1 box frozen, well-squeezed, thawed and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- Peel the potato while still warm; place in a bowl and mash it. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan; add garlic and cook until garlic begins to turn golden. Stir n spinach and cook a couple of minutes. Add salt and grated nutmeg to taste. Transfer mixture to a bowl with potatoes and combine well.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper out on a work surface and place a generous tablespoon or two of the filling on one half of the wrapper.
- Brush the three open edges of the wrapper with egg white; then fold the unfilled half of the wrapper over the filling and us a pasta wheel to cut the tortelli into 3 X 4-inch rectangles. Set aside on towel-lined tray.
- Cook the tortelli a dozen at a time and remove with slotted spoon to a baking dish with the butter and cheese sauce in the bottom. Mix the tortelli gently with the sauce. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with more grated cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2922.
No comments on this recipe.