Easter Roast Leg of Lamb
- 4 pound boneless leg of lamb, butterflied - save the bone
- 6 tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 4 tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- coarse salt
- coarse black pepper
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the lamb and spread over the surface of the butterflied lamb. Place bone on top. Roll the lamb up over the bone and tie it in several places with kitchen string.
- Rub 3 tablespoons of olive oil over the top of the lamb and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. Place it in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 5 minutes, then lower the heat to 300°F Then allow 20 minutes per pound Roast until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 125°F for rare or 135°F for medium rare
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
I was looking for a recipe for leg of lamb . I will definitely try it! Love your recipes.
Thank you ,
This looks delicious. How long do you roast this? How many people doe it serve?