Easy Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 6 cups canned chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 small small bunch fresh basil, leaves only
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the garlic. Cook over medium heat until it begins to turn golden brown and smell fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, and basil. Stir the ingredients to blend well.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat uncovered for about 20 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Sauce is ready to use or freeze.