Farfalle with Gorgonzola Sauce / Farfalle al Gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola dolce cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Grinding black pepper
- 1 pound farfalle
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan and cook the onions until they are soft. Stir in the sage. Lower the heat and add the cheese, stirring to melt it evenly. Add the cream slowly. Season with pepper. Cover and keep the sauce warm while the farfalle are cooking.
- Cook the farfalle in 4 quarts of rapidly boiling water to which 1 tablespoon of salt has been added. Cook until the farfalle are al dente. This means that the farfalle is done when a piece broken in half reveals no uncooked flour in the center.
- Drain and add the farfalle to the saute’ pan with the gorgonzola. Toss gently over medium heat to coat the farfalle. Transfer the mixture to a serving platter. Give a good twist of the peppermill and serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2125.