Farro Cake / Torta di Farro alle Erbe
- 2 cups farro
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Oil a 9 x 2 1/2 or 3 inch deep spring form pan and set aside.
- Place farro in a pot and cover with broth; bring to a boil and cook until tender - about 25 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Strip herbs from stems and finely mince.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with 1/2 cup of the cheese, pepper and salt. Stir in the herbs, then mix in the farro.
- Dust the spring form pan with the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- Spread farro mixture evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before unlatching sides; set tart on a serving dish and cut into wedges and serve warm drizzled with a little olive oil.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2920.
No comments on this recipe.