- 2 1/2 cups farro flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, approximately
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 ball burrata cheese from aounce container, drained and chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh marjoram or oregano
- Make a well or do in food processor; create a dough; let rest 20 minutes. Roll and cut as for fettucine. Hang on rods to dry slightly
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan and add the onions; cook until they soften.
- Transfer the onions to a blender or use an immersion blender in a bowl, or a food processor. Process until fairly smooth.
- Add the cheese, cream, salt and pepper and blend until smooth; transfer to a bowl and stir in the grated cheese and marjoram. Set aside.
- Cook fettucine until al dente; drain, save a little of the cooking water.
- While pasta cooks, transfer half the sauce to a large sauté pan; heat on low; transfer pasta with a pasta fork to the sauté pan and stir into the sauce until well coated; add more pasta water if sauce is too thick. (Save the rest of the sauce for another day.)
- Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2919.
No comments on this recipe.