Fazzoletti with Fruit / Crespelle con Frutta
Serves 12 to 14
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all- purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar plus extra
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- To make the batter, sift the flour, salt, and nutmeg together into a large bowl. Add the beaten eggs and egg yolk, 1 1/2 cups of the milk, and the butter. Whisk the mixture until smooth and the consistency of pancake batter. If the batter seems too thin, add a little more flour; if too thick, add a little milk. Set aside in fridge for one hour.
- Lightly butter a 6 or 8-inch crepe pan or a non-stick frying pan. Heat over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 1/4 cup of the batter and swirl the pan to make sure the bottom is evenly coated with a thin layer of batter. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned on the underside. Flip the crespella over and cook the other side until lightly browned. Transfer it to a sheet of wax paper.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, stacking each crespella between wax paper as you make them. Lightly grease the pan every so often with a little butter to prevent the batter from sticking.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, whipped cream, sugar and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the fruits and mint. Gently fold the fruit mixture into the cheese mixture.
- Spread on the fazzoletti and fold in half and then in half again. Serve dusted with confectioner’s sugar or warm honey.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2906.
No comments on this recipe.