Fettuccine with Arugula Pesto
- 1/4 pound arugula, stemmed, rinsed and dried (approximately 4 cups )
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus extra to pass at table
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound green beans, stemmed, cut in half
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 pound fettucine
- 4 todried plum tomatoes in olive oil, drained and cut into small pieces
- Place the arugula and coarse salt in a food processor and process for a few seconds then add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and process again for a few seconds. Add the cheese and almonds and process adding the remaining olive oil through the feed tube until a pesto sauce consistency is obtained. Stir in the hot pepper flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for future use or transfer to a pasta bowl if cooking the fettucine right away.
- Cook the beans and fettucine in 2 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and combine the fettucine, beans and water with the pesto; add the raw peas and mix well. Add the tomatoes and mix again. Serve immediately and pass extra cheese on the side.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2311.
Amazing, refreshing, delectable dish. What a treat to the palate! Thank you!