Serves 8 or more
- 1 focaccia
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (Multiple colors are preferred.)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, dicedinch cubes
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 leaves fresh basil, sliced thin (chiffonade)
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze, store-bought or make your own*
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and olive oil in a bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Spread evenly over the focaccia bread and bake in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until cheese is slightly melted. Spread the prosciutto slices evenly over the top of the focaccia.
- Move warm bread to a cutting board and cut in desired serving size pieces. Without separating the pieces, sprinkle with basil and shaved Parmigiano. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Serve warm.
- *BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Pour 1 bottle, about 17 ounces, balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a boil; lower heat to medium and stir in 2 tablespoons honey and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring often, until the mixture reduces and looks syrupy. When cool transfer to jar. Keep in cool place; do not refrigerate. Use as needed.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2918.
No comments on this recipe.