Focaccia Panzanella Salad
- 2 cups focaccia, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes, cut intoinch cubes
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut intoinch cubes
- 10 basil leaves, rolled up and thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 ounces aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/4 pound cocktail shrimp, cleaned and grilled
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggianocheese
- In a large mixing bowl combine bread, tomatoes, mozzarella, arugula, basil, and season with salt and pepper and the olive oil, juice and vinegar. Mix well. At this stage you may set the salad aside to marinate, allowing the bread cubes to soak up the flavor of the dressing.
- Lightly toss together and put on a serving platter. Arrange the shrimp along the edge of the salad. Grate a generous amount of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese over the entire salad; drizzle more olive oil over the salad, if desired, and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2918.
No comments on this recipe.