Focaccia with Poached Fruit and Sweetened Ricotta Cheese
- SWEET RICOTTA
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup honey or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- POACHED PEACHES AND NECTARINES
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Juice oflemon
- 3 firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 3 firm nectarines, halved and pitted
- Place all the Sweet Ricotta ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 2 minutes or until smooth. You may also simply stir all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Add lemon juice and peaches and nectarines. Simmer until fruit is tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and let fruit cool in the poaching liquid. Using a slotted spoon, remove fruit from poaching liquid; peel, discarding skins. Slice fruit halves into 6 wedges each. Transfer fruit and poaching liquid to a bowl. Cover; refrigerate until chilled.
- TO SERVE
- Place focaccia on a wooden cutting board.
- Slice peaches and nectarines 1/4 inch thick and evenly spread over focaccia. Add dollops of the sweetened ricotta over the top and cut into serving-sized pieces. Alternately you may spoon a dollop of the cheese directly onto the focaccia and then arrange the fruit slices on top.
- Drizzle with a bit more honey and garnish with candied or sugared orange slices and thyme or mint.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2918.