Francesca's New England Style Clam Chowder
- Chopped sea clams any kind, keep all the juice
- Salt & pepper
- White wine
- Garlic (minced)
- Onion (chopped) all purpose
- Whole milk
- Potatoes: boiled, peeled, chopped. (I like Maine potatoes).
- Family spice blend: these are whole spices that are ground in small food processor to produce the mix
- Dry onion, garlic powder, parsley, rosemary, celery seed, thyme, coriander, bay leaves & pepper
- Put butter & onion is stock pot-sweat onions, add salt & pepper & garlic & wine
- Add spice blend & potatoes, heat stirring until potatoes are coated
- Add clams & all juice, stir keep heating
- Add milk and keep heating on medium heat until it reaches 140 + degrees
- Taste for salt & pepper or maybe even more family spice blend-depends on what you like
- This chowder actually tastes best the next day.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2804.