- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Good grinding nutmeg
- 1 egg
- Vegetable or seed oil to fry
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Steam or boil the florets until tender; drain and cool completely.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water in a medium size bowl. Add the flour, salt, nutmeg and mix well to combine; add the egg and mix to create a pancake-batter consistency
- Pour the oil to a depth of 2 to 3-inches in a deep pan to limit spatters. Heat the oil to 375F°.
- Coat the florets in the batter and fry until golden brown; this may need to be done in batches. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot sprinkled with coarse salt.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2905.
No comments on this recipe.