Garlic Potato Soup
SERVES 8 TO 10
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced into half-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, scraped and cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup fat-free Half & Half
- 1/4 cup minced fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, diced and fried until crisp
- In a soup pot, combine the potatoes, carrot, celery, garlic cloves and enough water to just cover to cover the ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and cook about ten minutes.
- Pour in the milk and Half & Half and continue to cook until the garlic is very soft.
- Puree the mixture until very smooth; season with salt and pepper and top with the prosciutto cracklings.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1801.
No comments on this recipe.