Gianfranco Marrocco's / Penne all' Arrabbiata
- Extra-virgin olive oil, asneeded
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (peeled and slice thin)
- 4 peperoncini peppers (dried long skinny chili peppers)
- 2 (14-oz.) cans peeled cherry tomatoes (preferably use imported Italian tomatoes; ifnot available, you may substitute Italian whole peeled plum tomatoes)
- Kosher salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 4 basil leaves (torn into small pieces)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Begin with a cold sauté or saucepan. Add the extra virgin olive oil and sliced garlic.
- Place on medium heat and simmer garlic until golden brown.Add hot peppers.
- To intensify heat, break peppers into small pieces before adding to oil and garlic.Carefully add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- After approximately 5-7 minutes, add basil and parsley.
- This amount of sauce will take only approximately 12-15 minutes to cook.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1625.
No comments on this recipe.