Gluten-Free Fettucine with Arugula Pesto
- 1/4 pound arugula, stemmed, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds or pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound green beans, stemmed, cut in half
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 pound fettucine
- 4 todried plum tomatoes in olive oil, drained and cut into small pieces
- Place the arugula and coarse salt in a food processor and process for a few seconds then add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and process again for a few seconds. Add the cheese and almonds and process adding the remaining olive oil through the feed tube until a pesto sauce consistency is obtained. Stir in the hot pepper flakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for future use or transfer to a pasta bowl if cooking the fettucine right away.
- Cook the beans in salted water until tender and a couple minutes before done, add the peas. Drain and keep warm.
- Cook the fettucine in 2 quarts of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and combine the fettucine and water with the pesto and vegetables; mix well. Add the tomatoes and mix again. Serve immediately and pass extra cheese on the side.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2319.