Gluten Free Pasta with Mushrooms and Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, cleaned, and white part chopped
- 1/4 pound chunk Prosciutto di Parma, diced
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed and thinly sliced (cremini, button and oyster are good choices)
- 5 ounces crescenza or mascarpone cheese, in bits
- 1/2 cup light cream or non-fat Half 'n' Half
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 pound gluten free spaghetti or fettuccine
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan (12-14 inches) and when it is hot add the leeks and prosciutto and cook over medium heat until softened but not browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they have given off most of their liquid.
- Lower the heat and add the cheese and cream and stir occasionally until the sauce is smooth. Cover and keep warm while the pasta cooks.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauté pan with a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water and mix well.
- Transfer to a platter; sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2409.
No comments on this recipe.