Grana Padano or Parmesan Cheese Snacks / Biscotti con Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano
Here is a nice biscotti to go with wine as a nibble before dinner; easy to make and freezes well.
Makes about 2 dozen
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups King Arthur unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Pulse the butter, cheese, flour, paprika and salt in a food processor. Add the eggs through the feed tube until a dough forms; add a bit of water if necessary.
- Form dough into a 12-inch long log about 2 inches thick. Wrap and refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/4-inch thick round slices and place on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Variation: Add 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2324.