Grilled and Marinated Rosemary Scented Shrimp
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, needles only
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound (about 35) large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- In a shallow nonmetal dish, mix all the marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- Thread 8 or 9 shrimp on individual skewers and set aside.
- Heat the grill and brush the grate with a little olive oil. Grill the shrimp about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the skewers and add them to the marinade; toss to coat them well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, turning them frequently in the marinade.
- Allow the shrimp to come to room temperature, in the marinade, before serving with some of the marinade poured over them and accompany with crusty Italian bread.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2818.